Another DIY as promised and this time it’s a DIY Sharpie mug you can give as a gift or use yourself this chilly Christmas. It’s simple and cheap to make and you can put anything on it- book quotes or fandom symbols. It is a way to make a mug really personal and cute.
Things you’ll need:
1) A printout of the quote or drawing you want on your mug- to make things easier, I recommend printing out a mirror image of the quote or drawing you want.
3) Mug- I purchased one from the thrift shop for about 75c.
4) Pencils, Rulers and Erasers
1) Trace the mirror image of your desired quote or drawing, with a pencil. Trace really hard because you’ll need the lead to show on the mug. Don’t forget only trace the mirror image- so this means that if you printed the quote or drawing correctly then flip the page over and trace that.
2) Then tape the piece of paper to your cup in the desired position, with the mirror image facing toward the cup. This means that once you tape the paper you should only be able to see the correct size (as shown in the photo above). Then using a pencil shade the piece of paper- like above.
3) Then tear the paper of and you should see a light outline of your quote or drawing. Using your sharpie, trace or color over the light outline.
4) Then take your mug and bake it in the oven, so that the sharpie doesn’t smudge and wash off easily. Bake it for about 20-30 minutes at 180C.
5) Then let it cool and make yourself a hot chocolate!
I hope you like the tutorial on how to make your own personalized book mug- it’s easy, affordable and it turns out amazing. I would love to see how yours turned out- comment below your experiences! Have a Merry Christmas!