Hey!! If you didn’t know already from the hundred million times I’ve said this, Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout is my all time favorite series. If you haven’t read this I don’t know what you are doing but if you are hesitant to read this amazing series here are ten spoiler-free reasons to read lux:
- One Name: DAEMONNNNNNNN!! Oh My God. This guy is will be one of the hottest and amazing fictional characters you will ever read. Daemon is lovable, good-looking and funny.
“Daemon Black could be as prickly as a hedgehog having a really bad day, but underneath all that spindly armor, he was sweet, protective, and incredibly selfless.”
- This book is filled to the brim with hilarious jokes and witty comebacks. I have never laughed out loud as much as I did with this book. I was laughing every single day and people around me were staring at me like I was crazy. Whenever I’m feeling down I pick up Lux and spontaneously smile and laugh.
“Out of all the paranormal books I’d read and reviewed, no one glowed like this. Some glittered in the light. Others had wings. No one was a freaking giant sun.”
- No matter what, I can guarantee that you will binge-read this series and you are eyes will be glued ,with extra strong-glue, to the book. At the time I read this four-book series in a week and the last book in two days. It is so exciting that you will want to keep turning the page.
“In your dreams, Kitten.” He smirked. “Oh wait, I’m already starring in those, aren’t I?”
I rolled my eyes.
“Nightmares, Daemon. Nightmares.”
- It is action-packed!!!! This book packs a punch for action and there is always some fight going on. I don’t want to spoil to much but ,trust me on this one, there is a lot of running, escaping and fighting.
“It was like being in a real, albeit messed-up, version of “The Hunger Games”
“The Hunger Games” for alien hybrids.”
- There are many references to teenage pop culture. As you can see from the quote above there are references to the Hunger Games but there are also reference to Harry Potter, some young-adult books and movies.
“We could really use the Avengers right now. Screw that we need Loki,”
- Katy is really relatable. When we read about book-lovers in book they often like really old books like classics and Stephen King but Katy is exactly like the typical fangirl-teenager. She runs a blog and loves young-adult books.
“Daemon: I checked out your blog.
Katy: Stalking me again, I see. Do I need to get a restraining order?
- Plot Twist Glory!! If you are like me and love a good plot twist, this book has your back. Starting from the third book it’s like plot twist after plot twist after plot twist.
- It is a great recommendation for friends. If your friends aren’t into reading, by reading this series they will fall straight in love.
- The world building is amazing!! The world is so complicated and designed so well. When you read it you feel like you have been specially chosen to see the world!
- It isn’t very very popular and by reading this you are creating a bigger fanbase.
So if that still didn’t convince you to read Lux, I don’t know what will! I’ve convinced so many people in my year level to read Lux and since then it’s been spreading like wild-fire. I haven’t really met anyone who was disappointed by it and trust me, it isn’t a let down.