I recently read Renee Adeliah’s The Wrath & The Dawn! Yes, I know I am a bit late to hop on the bandwagon of this series but if you haven’t read this novel it is hands down one of the best novels I’ve read in the past three months. Normally, I would write a review for a novel but I decided to spice things up and I am doing five (non-spoiler) reasons for why you need to pick up this book right now!
- For Those Who Love Fairytales and Legends…
One of my main reasons for why I loved this book was because I definitely got Aladdin and Prince of Persia vibes! The Wrath & The Dawn is loosely based off A Thousand and One Nights and so it isn’t a surprise that there are a few parallels to some of these classic fairy tales and legends. When I was younger I had a little obsession with Arabian stories and legends and when I read this novel, I absolutely loved following this magical story. This novel is a twisting tale set in Arabia and Persia, which follows a rich girl who marries a king to avenge her best friend.
- The Main Character Is One Hardcore, Beautiful and Tough Heroine
Shazrad is the main character in The Wrath & The Dawn and whilst reading the novel, one thing that stuck with me was that Shazrad wasn’t your stereotypical “damsel in distress”. She was beautiful and so courageous, which is honestly a character trait I try to look for in books and this book definitely had a character with these traits.
- Khalid is another book character to add on your list of favourite male charactersKhalid is honestly a character I am more than glad to add onto my list of favourite characters. He is dark and had this mysterious past. Even though this typical dark character is used a lot, I still love it. I love how he fell in love with Shazrad and by the end of the novel you could clearly see how much he cared for her! #goals 🙂
- The plot will leave your eyes glued to the page
The plot was just thrilling, there was so much happening and it wasn’t very often where I found myself extremely bored. I am excited to see how Shazrad’s magic will turn out and I throughout the novel I was dying to find out about Khalid’s motive behind killing his wives. There are just so many questions I had whilst reading the novel and my hands are itching to read the next novel.
- Who doesn’t like a love triangle?
Ahhh…the typical love triangle, but seriously you must be lying if you don’t like a good love triangle once in awhile. The Wrath and The Dawn had a love triangle that will definitely squeeze your heart! I don’t know about you but I am definitely Team Khalid and reading about their love triangle was very much like watching TV! (but better) 🙂
I hope I have given you more than enough reasons to start reading this thrilling novel! I honestly can’t wait to start the next book! Comment below what you thought about this book or if you are going to start it soon!